Quantum Computing for developers
Quantum Computing for developers is the first course in Italy, open to everyone, that will provide the tools and skills necessary to learn quantum computation in order to start developing software for these amazing machines.
If you are a software developer, an undergraduate student or just a fan of this fascinating field of science, this course will give you the opportunity to obtain strategic know-how for the short-term future.
We will discuss why we are building quantum computers, cover the important principles of quantum computing, and will take a look at some of the important quantum computing algorithms that are able to solve problems which are considered to be unsolvable by means of classical supercomputers. We will end up with a brief look at quantum computing hardware and the budding quantum information technology industry.
During the study of quantum algorithms, we will be able to test them on a real 5-qubit quantum processor from the IBM Quantum Experience.
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to Quantum Computing: fundamental concepts (interference, superposition and entanglement) and state of the art
- The impact of Quantum Computing on network security, quantum chemistry and artificial intelligence (Quantum Machine Learning)
- Computational complexity: Turing machine and quantum Turing machine
- Basic concepts of linear algebra and the postulates of quantum mechanics
- Quantum circuit model of computation
- Quantum algorithms
- Quantum gates: single qubit and multiple qubit operations
- Measurement gates and the Born rule
- Quantum algorithm implementations: the Deutsch-Jozsa algorithm
- Quantum Fourier Transform and its applications
- Shor’s algorithm for integer factorization
- Searching a database with a quantum computer: Grover’s algorithm
- The DiVincenzo criteria: an architecture to implement a real quantum computer
- Real implementations: spin qubits, NV center qubits, superconducting qubits, topological qubits
- Quantum error correction
- Introducing the IBM Quantum Experience
- Qiskit: an open-source quantum computing framework for leveraging on today’s quantum processors and conducting research
- Implementations on a real 5-qubit quantum computer by IBM Q
- Useful resources to study the course topics in depth
Who is the course for?
It is recommended that you are familiar with exponents, vectors, sine waves and the basic concepts of probability. There will be some equations, but we have endeavoured to limit them and keep them as clear as possible. While the mathematics is not too hard, some concepts will be new to most learners, and will require some mental effort.
Be prepared to exercise your brain!
Students can access learning resources on the Moodle platform which will be available. The teacher will make pdf slides, articles, peer reviews, videos and quizzes available during the course.
Tests to validate your learning
In order to achieve your course certificate, you will have to take some tests about the topics deal with during the lessons. The tests will be made available on the Moodle elearning platform provided by dotQuantum.
FULL IMMERSION 17/18/19 July 2019 @Rome
Request informations about the Courses
that are in planning.
Become Part Of The Future Quantum Bit World!!